Our History

 

Salem was originally organized in 1847 by the Rev. Wade Hill and R.P. Logan, with a membership of 49 people.

 

 

The second building was a wooden frame Church, built in 1878; the Pastor serving at that time was P.R. Elam.

 

 

The first brick building was in 1929, and Rev. Bryan Payne was the Pastor at the time.

 

On August 23,1964, Pastor Charles N. Cranford came to Salem, serving faithfully for 37 years,until August 31,2001. Under his leadership, a new brick building was dedicated in 1976. It was struck by lightning and burned to the ground on August 31,2003.

 

 

 

On June 18,2006 we entered into our new facility with the dedication service led by our then and current Pastor, Dr. Andrew Royals. Dr. Royals began serving as Pastor at Salem on June 20,2004. Salem has a long tradition of producing ordained ministers (9). We are actively affiliated with and support the South Fork Baptist Association,The North Carolina Baptist State Convention, and the Southern Baptist Convention.

    

 

 

 

 

Subcategories